ANNUAL OLYMPIC DAY 2020
4th March 2020
After last years success from our inaugural Olympic Day, I am pleased to announce that this years event will take place on TBC at the English Institute of Sport.
Below is all the general information you will need:
· Schools to arrange own transport, parking available at the EIS but drop off best option
· Pupils to be in kit ready when they arrive,
suitable clothing a must
· Schools / teachers are responsible
for their pupils at all times including any medication
· Andy Fyfe to get action shots on camera
(please make aware to Sport Elevation staff if any pupils cannot be
· Pupils will require a packed lunch
· Rough timescale for day – am events, 12.30-1 Lunch, 1.15 – pm events/presentations
· 20 pupils per school, 5 boys and 5 girls per year group
· Events – 60m sprint, 100m, 200m, standing long jump, javelin, relay, mixed relay
· Schools to do own Risk Assessment and have a qualified first aider present
Payment terms are slightly different this year, if you have bought a Sport Elevation system then you have paid for the event as part of your package. If you haven't bought the system then the cost is £40.00 per school, which equates to £2.00 per pupil. This is to cover the cost of the venue, medals and trophies etc.,
If you are a school that has one of the trophies then we will be delighted if you are going to defend it, if you can't make it for any reason then I will collect it on your behalf.
If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us.
Follow up emails will be frequent from now until the event to keep you all up to date.
I look forward to replies, questions and seeing everyone on the day!
Your in Sport